Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.76 meters/second, 1601.1 kilometres/hour, 994.9 miles/hour or 864.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 55.2"||994.81 mi||West||0° 11' 47.7"||13.51 mi||North||995.08 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 17.3"||866.86 mi||East||4° 47' 22.9"||329.11 mi||North||929.93 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 11:40 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:10 PM||2075 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:10 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:10 PM||2701 km||1678 miles||1458 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:10 PM||3204 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||SW|
|Easter Island||Wed 3:10 AM||3521 km||2188 miles||1901 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:10 PM||3976 km||2470 miles||2147 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:10 PM||4075 km||2532 miles||2200 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 10:10 PM||4104 km||2550 miles||2216 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:10 PM||4180 km||2598 miles||2257 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.