Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.79 meters/second, 1601.3 kilometres/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 55.8"||994.88 mi||West||0° 11' 48.0"||13.51 mi||North||995.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 05.9"||866.70 mi||East||4° 47' 25.3"||329.15 mi||North||929.78 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 11:50 PM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:20 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:20 AM||2214 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:20 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:20 PM||2988 km||1857 miles||1613 nm||SW|
|Easter Island||Wed 3:20 AM||3719 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:20 PM||3808 km||2366 miles||2056 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:20 PM||3811 km||2368 miles||2058 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 10:20 PM||3862 km||2400 miles||2086 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:20 PM||3923 km||2438 miles||2119 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.