Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.95 meters/second, 1601.8 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||north||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.4"||995.24 mi||west||0° 11' 49.4"||13.54 mi||north||995.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 07.7"||865.86 mi||east||4° 47' 37.2"||329.38 mi||north||928.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:10 AM||1258 km||782 miles||679 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 12:10 AM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:10 AM||2044 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:10 PM||2468 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||W|
|Apia||Wed 11:10 PM||2630 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 11:10 PM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:10 AM||2930 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:10 PM||3115 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:10 AM||3164 km||1966 miles||1708 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:10 PM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.