Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.95 meters/second, 1601.8 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.4"||995.23 mi||West||0° 11' 49.3"||13.54 mi||North||995.50 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 09.0"||865.87 mi||East||4° 47' 36.9"||329.37 mi||North||928.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:10 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 12:10 AM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:10 AM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:10 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||W|
|Apia||Wed 11:10 PM||2658 km||1651 miles||1435 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 11:10 PM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:10 AM||2910 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:10 PM||3145 km||1954 miles||1698 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:10 AM||3173 km||1972 miles||1713 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:10 PM||3300 km||2050 miles||1782 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.