Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 12:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.41 meters/second, 1603.5 km/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.3"||996.27 mi||west||0° 11' 52.9"||13.61 mi||north||996.53 mi|
|24 hours||347° 27' 44.0"||863.33 mi||west||4° 48' 04.2"||329.89 mi||north||926.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Thu 12:44 AM||693 km||430 miles||374 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:44 AM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||N|
|Yaren||Thu 12:44 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:44 AM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Thu 12:44 AM||1422 km||884 miles||768 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Wed 11:44 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Thu 12:44 AM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 11:44 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:44 AM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||ESE|
|Apia||Thu 1:44 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||993 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.