Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.55 meters/second, 1604.0 km/hour, 996.7 miles/hour or 866.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 08.8"||996.58 mi||West||0° 11' 54.0"||13.63 mi||North||996.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 22.2"||862.53 mi||East||4° 48' 10.0"||330.00 mi||North||925.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Thu 12:34 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Thu 12:34 AM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||WSW|
|Arawa||Wed 11:34 PM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||W|
|Yaren||Thu 1:34 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Thu 12:34 AM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:34 AM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Thu 12:34 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 11:34 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 1:34 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||931 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:34 AM||1938 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.