Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.58 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.7 miles/hour or 866.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 09.5"||996.72 mi||west||0° 11' 54.2"||13.63 mi||north||996.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 10.2"||862.41 mi||east||4° 48' 11.3"||330.05 mi||north||925.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Thu 12:44 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||SW|
|Arawa||Wed 11:44 PM||425 km||264 miles||230 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Thu 12:44 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||S|
|Buka||Wed 11:44 PM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||W|
|Yaren||Thu 1:44 AM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Thu 12:44 AM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Wed 11:44 PM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:44 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Thu 12:44 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 1:44 AM||1907 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.