Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.74 meters/second, 1604.7 km/hour, 997.1 miles/hour or 866.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 12.4"||997.01 mi||West||0° 11' 55.3"||13.65 mi||North||997.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 06.3"||861.40 mi||East||4° 48' 16.2"||330.12 mi||North||924.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Thu 12:44 AM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||SW|
|Lae||Thu 12:44 AM||281 km||174 miles||152 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 12:44 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Wed 11:44 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Wed 11:44 PM||1309 km||814 miles||707 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 12:44 AM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 1:44 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Thu 12:14 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:44 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Thu 1:44 AM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.