Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 3:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 15:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.81 meters/second, 1604.9 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 13.7"||997.17 mi||West||0° 11' 55.8"||13.66 mi||North||997.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 38.3"||860.97 mi||East||4° 48' 17.9"||330.15 mi||North||924.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Thu 12:10 AM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Mount Hagen||Thu 1:10 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:10 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||NW|
|Lae||Thu 1:10 AM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:10 AM||1049 km||652 miles||567 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Thu 12:40 AM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Thu 12:10 AM||1456 km||905 miles||786 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 12:10 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Thu 1:10 AM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSE|
|Manado||Wed 11:10 PM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.