Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.18 meters/second, 1609.8 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 43.6"||1000.23 mi||West||0° 12' 02.4"||13.79 mi||North||1000.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 09.5"||851.05 mi||East||4° 47' 12.5"||328.89 mi||North||913.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Monrovia||Thu 1:34 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Thu 1:34 AM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Thu 1:34 AM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 1:34 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Thu 1:34 AM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||N|
|Jamestown||Thu 1:34 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||SSE|
|Accra||Thu 1:34 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Thu 1:34 AM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Thu 1:34 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||945 nm||NE|
|Bamako||Thu 1:34 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.