Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.79 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 03.5"||1001.61 mi||west||0° 12' 01.8"||13.78 mi||north||1001.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 22.1"||844.07 mi||east||4° 44' 22.9"||325.66 mi||north||904.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 1:10 AM||2761 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island||Thu 3:10 AM||3153 km||1959 miles||1703 nm||SSE|
|Mexico City *||Thu 4:10 AM||3400 km||2113 miles||1836 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:10 PM||3501 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||WSW|
|Hermosillo||Thu 2:10 AM||3569 km||2218 miles||1927 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:10 AM||3612 km||2244 miles||1950 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:10 AM||3896 km||2421 miles||2104 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 2:10 AM||3940 km||2448 miles||2128 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:10 PM||3943 km||2450 miles||2129 nm||W|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:10 AM||3989 km||2479 miles||2154 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.