Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.90 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 08.4"||1001.84 mi||West||0° 12' 00.9"||13.76 mi||North||1001.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 42.2"||842.27 mi||East||4° 43' 21.7"||324.49 mi||North||902.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:12 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Thu 1:12 AM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:12 AM||2402 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:12 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 1:12 AM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Fri 12:12 AM||2673 km||1661 miles||1443 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:12 PM||2813 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 12:12 AM||2857 km||1775 miles||1542 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:12 PM||3381 km||2101 miles||1825 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:12 AM||3429 km||2130 miles||1851 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.