Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.00 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 14.5"||1002.14 mi||west||0° 11' 59.2"||13.73 mi||north||1002.25 mi|
|24 hours||347° 51' 19.8"||840.07 mi||west||4° 41' 54.9"||322.86 mi||north||899.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 1:44 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:44 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 1:44 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:44 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:44 AM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 12:44 AM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 12:44 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Fri 12:44 AM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||S|
|Suva||Fri 1:44 AM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:44 AM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.