Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.00 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 14.4"||1002.07 mi||West||0° 11' 59.2"||13.73 mi||North||1002.17 mi|
|24 hours||347° 51' 18.9"||840.03 mi||West||4° 41' 55.6"||322.85 mi||North||899.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 1:44 AM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||NNE|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 1:44 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:44 AM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 1:44 AM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:44 AM||1192 km||740 miles||643 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:44 AM||1277 km||793 miles||689 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 12:44 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 12:44 AM||1747 km||1085 miles||943 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Fri 12:44 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Fri 1:44 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.