Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, August 23, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 23, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.1"||1001.91 mi||west||0° 11' 42.2"||13.40 mi||north||1001.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 59.0"||828.25 mi||east||4° 30' 56.6"||310.31 mi||north||882.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 1:50 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||S|
|Fortaleza||Fri 12:50 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||SW|
|Recife||Fri 12:50 AM||1184 km||735 miles||639 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Fri 2:50 AM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NE|
|Salvador||Fri 12:50 AM||1816 km||1128 miles||981 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Fri 12:50 AM||1824 km||1134 miles||985 nm||WSW|
|Banjul||Fri 3:50 AM||2143 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Fri 3:50 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||ENE|
|Dakar||Fri 3:50 AM||2148 km||1334 miles||1160 nm||NE|
|Cayenne||Fri 12:50 AM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.