Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 23, 2013 at 4:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 23, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.4"||1001.82 mi||West||0° 11' 41.9"||13.40 mi||North||1001.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 53.6"||828.07 mi||East||4° 30' 48.3"||310.13 mi||North||882.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 2:00 AM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 1:00 AM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Fri 1:00 AM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||S|
|Belém||Fri 1:00 AM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Fri 1:00 AM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Fri 3:00 AM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||NE|
|Cayenne||Fri 1:00 AM||1982 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Fri 1:00 AM||2307 km||1433 miles||1246 nm||W|
|Dakar||Fri 4:00 AM||2332 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||NE|
|Banjul||Fri 4:00 AM||2339 km||1453 miles||1263 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.