Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 23, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 23, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.96 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.2"||999.73 mi||West||0° 11' 17.2"||12.92 mi||North||999.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 40.4"||818.88 mi||East||4° 17' 51.0"||295.31 mi||North||867.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Sat 3:00 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 2:00 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Sat 1:00 AM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 2:00 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||879 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 4:00 AM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sat 3:00 AM||1829 km||1136 miles||987 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Sat 1:00 AM||1877 km||1166 miles||1014 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sat 1:00 AM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:00 AM||2234 km||1388 miles||1207 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Sat 4:00 AM||2318 km||1440 miles||1252 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.