Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.49 meters/second, 1528.2 km/hour, 949.6 miles/hour or 825.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.0"||949.29 mi||West||0° 02' 57.3"||3.39 mi||North||949.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 30.0"||763.75 mi||East||0° 45' 26.8"||52.10 mi||North||763.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Wed 5:34 AM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 4:34 AM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Wed 7:34 AM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||E|
|Paramaribo||Wed 5:34 AM||2037 km||1265 miles||1100 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 4:34 AM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||W|
|Castries||Wed 4:34 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 4:34 AM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 4:34 AM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 4:34 AM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Wed 4:34 AM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.