Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 09:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.39 meters/second, 1527.8 km/hour, 949.3 miles/hour or 825.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.2"||949.06 mi||West||0° 02' 52.8"||3.30 mi||North||948.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 24.4"||763.46 mi||East||0° 43' 35.7"||49.98 mi||North||763.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Wed 5:24 AM||827 km||514 miles||446 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 5:24 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Wed 5:24 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 5:24 AM||873 km||543 miles||471 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 5:24 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 5:24 AM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 5:24 AM||886 km||551 miles||479 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Wed 5:24 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Wed 5:24 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 5:24 AM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.