Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.56 meters/second, 1521.2 km/hour, 945.2 miles/hour or 821.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.1"||944.95 mi||West||0° 00' 38.5"||0.74 mi||North||944.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 11.6"||755.49 mi||East||0° 09' 54.1"||11.35 mi||South||755.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Thu 5:34 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 5:34 AM||1813 km||1126 miles||979 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Thu 5:34 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||980 nm||W|
|Roseau||Thu 5:34 AM||1819 km||1131 miles||982 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Thu 6:34 AM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||SSW|
|Castries||Thu 5:34 AM||1829 km||1136 miles||988 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Thu 5:34 AM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Thu 5:34 AM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 6:34 AM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Thu 5:34 AM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.