Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.56 meters/second, 1521.2 km/hour, 945.2 miles/hour or 821.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||north||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.1"||945.02 mi||west||0° 00' 38.4"||0.74 mi||north||944.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 11.3"||755.53 mi||east||0° 09' 56.5"||11.40 mi||south||756.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Thu 5:34 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 5:34 AM||1786 km||1110 miles||964 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Thu 5:34 AM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||W|
|Roseau||Thu 5:34 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Thu 5:34 AM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Thu 5:34 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||W|
|Cayenne||Thu 6:34 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||SSW|
|Kingstown||Thu 5:34 AM||1864 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Thu 5:34 AM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Thu 6:34 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.