Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.16 meters/second, 1599.0 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 40.0"||993.42 mi||West||0° 09' 22.3"||10.73 mi||South||993.70 mi|
|24 hours||10° 55' 42.4"||746.46 mi||East||3° 56' 17.8"||270.63 mi||South||797.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:50 AM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:50 AM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:50 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:50 AM||2101 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 10:50 AM||2395 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 9:50 AM||2405 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 9:50 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:50 AM||2499 km||1553 miles||1349 nm||SW|
|Apia||Wed 10:50 AM||2597 km||1614 miles||1402 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 9:50 AM||3086 km||1917 miles||1666 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.