Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.20 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.0"||1002.49 mi||West||0° 10' 47.7"||12.36 mi||South||1002.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 32.7"||796.55 mi||East||4° 13' 44.5"||290.60 mi||South||845.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Sat 1:34 PM||218 km||135 miles||117 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Sat 1:34 PM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||E|
|Atafu||Sat 1:34 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:34 PM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||NW|
|Howland Island||Fri 12:34 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:34 PM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:34 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sat 1:34 PM||1110 km||690 miles||600 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:34 PM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:34 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.