Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.20 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.0"||1002.49 mi||west||0° 10' 47.7"||12.36 mi||south||1002.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 32.7"||796.55 mi||east||4° 13' 44.5"||290.60 mi||south||845.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Sat 1:34 PM||218 km||135 miles||117 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Sat 1:34 PM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:34 PM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:34 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:34 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sat 1:34 PM||1110 km||690 miles||600 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:34 PM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:34 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||SSE|
|Suva||Sat 12:34 PM||1814 km||1127 miles||979 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:34 PM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.