Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 5:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.56 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||1001.05 mi||West||0° 10' 43.4"||12.28 mi||South||1000.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 48.2"||801.62 mi||East||4° 10' 36.3"||287.02 mi||South||848.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Surabaya||Sat 12:40 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||S|
|Banjarmasin||Sat 1:40 PM||274 km||171 miles||148 nm||NE|
|Kudus||Sat 12:40 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||SW|
|Palangka Raya||Sat 12:40 PM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||NNE|
|Madiun||Sat 12:40 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||SSW|
|Kediri||Sat 12:40 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||SSW|
|Semarang||Sat 12:40 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Malang||Sat 12:40 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||S|
|Surakarta||Sat 12:40 PM||363 km||225 miles||196 nm||SSW|
|Pekalongan||Sat 12:40 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.