Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.42 meters/second, 1603.5 km/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||996.25 mi||West||0° 10' 25.4"||11.94 mi||South||996.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 37.6"||815.23 mi||East||3° 59' 47.6"||274.66 mi||South||856.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pucallpa||Sat 1:40 PM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||SE|
|Trujillo||Sat 1:40 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||WSW|
|Loja||Sat 1:40 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NW|
|Iquitos||Sat 1:40 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||NE|
|Callao||Sat 1:40 PM||555 km||345 miles||299 nm||SSW|
|Lima||Sat 1:40 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||S|
|Cuenca||Sat 1:40 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||NW|
|Guayaquil||Sat 1:40 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||NW|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 1:40 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||SSE|
|Quito||Sat 1:40 PM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.