Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.42 meters/second, 1599.9 kilometres/hour, 994.1 miles/hour or 863.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 38.3"||994.00 mi||West||0° 10' 15.7"||11.75 mi||South||993.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 49.5"||820.69 mi||East||3° 54' 31.9"||268.65 mi||South||859.21 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 1:40 PM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sat 2:10 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sat 1:40 PM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:40 PM||1451 km||902 miles||784 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:40 PM||1888 km||1173 miles||1020 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:40 PM||2481 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 12:40 PM||2599 km||1615 miles||1403 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sun 12:40 PM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 3:40 PM||2734 km||1699 miles||1476 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 12:40 PM||3197 km||1987 miles||1726 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.