Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.14 meters/second, 1584.5 km/hour, 984.6 miles/hour or 855.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 42.3"||984.38 mi||West||0° 09' 28.4"||10.85 mi||South||984.17 mi|
|24 hours||12° 22' 54.6"||840.89 mi||East||3° 30' 26.2"||241.10 mi||South||869.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas||Sun 2:40 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||ENE|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sun 2:40 PM||537 km||333 miles||290 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia||Sun 2:40 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||SSE|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 2:40 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia||Sun 2:40 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||S|
|Belém||Sun 2:40 PM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||N|
|Salvador||Sun 2:40 PM||1248 km||776 miles||674 nm||ESE|
|Manaus||Sun 1:40 PM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Sun 2:40 PM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 2:40 PM||1475 km||917 miles||797 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.