Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.60 meters/second, 1532.2 kilometres/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 36.2"||951.76 mi||West||0° 05' 11.3"||5.95 mi||South||951.55 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 54.8"||895.02 mi||East||1° 33' 32.8"||107.23 mi||South||897.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Tue 5:56 PM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 4:56 PM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Tue 5:56 PM||2600 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||E|
|Quito||Tue 5:56 PM||3090 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:56 PM||3167 km||1968 miles||1710 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Tue 6:56 PM||3444 km||2140 miles||1860 nm||E|
|Santiago *||Tue 7:56 PM||3450 km||2144 miles||1863 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Tue 4:56 PM||3551 km||2207 miles||1918 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Tue 6:56 PM||3630 km||2256 miles||1960 nm||E|
|Managua||Tue 4:56 PM||3655 km||2271 miles||1974 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.