Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 05:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.56 meters/second, 1514.0 kilometres/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 18.0"||940.47 mi||West||0° 01' 39.3"||1.90 mi||South||940.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 58' 51.5"||911.75 mi||East||0° 04' 22.6"||5.02 mi||South||911.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Thu 6:08 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Thu 6:08 PM||218 km||136 miles||118 nm||SSE|
|Neiafu||Thu 6:08 PM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||ENE|
|Levuka||Thu 5:08 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||WNW|
|Labasa||Thu 5:08 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||NW|
|Suva||Thu 5:08 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Wed 6:08 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||E|
|Nadi||Thu 5:08 PM||683 km||425 miles||369 nm||WNW|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 5:08 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||N|
|Lautoka||Thu 5:08 PM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.