Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 4:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 16:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.94 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.8"||939.09 mi||West||0° 00' 15.0"||0.29 mi||South||939.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 02.4"||914.14 mi||East||0° 29' 47.6"||34.16 mi||North||916.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Thu 6:08 PM||173 km||107 miles||93 nm||WSW|
|Francistown||Thu 6:08 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||ESE|
|Serowe||Thu 6:08 PM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Thu 6:08 PM||376 km||233 miles||203 nm||E|
|Ghanzi||Thu 6:08 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||WSW|
|Gweru||Thu 6:08 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||E|
|Molepolole||Thu 6:08 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||S|
|Mongu||Thu 6:08 PM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||NNW|
|Gaborone||Thu 6:08 PM||558 km||347 miles||302 nm||S|
|Lusaka||Thu 6:08 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.