Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 4:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 16:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.92 meters/second, 1511.7 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 00.9"||939.05 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||South||939.04 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 08.9"||914.24 mi||East||0° 32' 23.2"||37.13 mi||North||916.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Swakopmund *||Thu 6:58 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||SSE|
|Walvis Bay *||Thu 6:58 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||SSE|
|Lubango||Thu 5:58 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||N|
|Windhoek *||Thu 6:58 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SE|
|Rundu *||Thu 6:58 PM||738 km||458 miles||398 nm||ENE|
|Menongue||Thu 5:58 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||NE|
|Huambo||Thu 5:58 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||NNE|
|Ghanzi||Thu 6:58 PM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Thu 5:58 PM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||N|
|Gaborone||Thu 6:58 PM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.