Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 5:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 05:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.16 meters/second, 1512.6 kilometres/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.8"||939.59 mi||West||0° 01' 26.2"||1.65 mi||North||939.66 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 40.3"||914.39 mi||East||1° 10' 01.3"||80.27 mi||North||921.13 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 7:08 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 6:08 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 6:08 PM||1185 km||737 miles||640 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 6:08 PM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 7:08 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:08 PM||1475 km||917 miles||797 nm||NW|
|Suva||Fri 5:08 PM||2029 km||1261 miles||1095 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:08 PM||2332 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:08 PM||2434 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:08 PM||2673 km||1661 miles||1443 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.