Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.60 meters/second, 1514.2 kilometres/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.4"||940.59 mi||West||0° 02' 12.2"||2.53 mi||North||940.70 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 04.7"||913.63 mi||East||1° 27' 56.8"||100.81 mi||North||923.15 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Fri 7:02 PM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 6:02 PM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Fri 6:02 PM||1321 km||821 miles||714 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Fri 6:02 PM||1342 km||834 miles||724 nm||N|
|Semarang||Fri 6:02 PM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||N|
|Perth||Fri 7:02 PM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||SSE|
|Bandung||Fri 6:02 PM||1481 km||920 miles||799 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Fri 6:02 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 7:02 PM||1742 km||1082 miles||941 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Fri 8:02 PM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.