Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 5:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 17:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.26 meters/second, 1516.5 kilometres/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.4"||942.07 mi||West||0° 02' 58.6"||3.41 mi||North||942.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 36.2"||912.35 mi||East||1° 45' 48.8"||121.29 mi||North||925.04 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Francistown||Fri 7:02 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Fri 7:02 PM||284 km||177 miles||154 nm||ESE|
|Maun||Fri 7:02 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||WSW|
|Serowe||Fri 7:02 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||S|
|Gweru||Fri 7:02 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||E|
|Lusaka||Fri 7:02 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||NNE|
|Masvingo||Fri 7:02 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Mongu||Fri 7:02 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NW|
|Chitungwiza||Fri 7:02 PM||538 km||334 miles||291 nm||ENE|
|Harare||Fri 7:02 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.