Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.79 meters/second, 1518.4 km/hour, 943.5 miles/hour or 819.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 57.0"||943.25 mi||West||0° 03' 27.5"||3.97 mi||North||943.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 37.0"||911.28 mi||East||1° 56' 53.9"||133.99 mi||North||926.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Fri 5:50 PM||1238 km||769 miles||668 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Fri 5:50 PM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 5:50 PM||1572 km||976 miles||849 nm||WSW|
|Guarulhos||Fri 5:50 PM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo||Fri 5:50 PM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 5:50 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia||Fri 5:50 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||W|
|Jamestown||Fri 8:50 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||E|
|Belém||Fri 5:50 PM||2898 km||1801 miles||1565 nm||NW|
|Asuncion||Fri 4:50 PM||3062 km||1903 miles||1653 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.