Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.96 meters/second, 1519.1 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 57.8"||943.65 mi||West||0° 03' 36.3"||4.14 mi||North||943.82 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 56.8"||910.91 mi||East||2° 00' 15.7"||137.85 mi||North||926.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belo Horizonte||Fri 7:00 PM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||SE|
|Pirassununga||Fri 7:00 PM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia||Fri 7:00 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||NW|
|Goiânia||Fri 7:00 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||WNW|
|Petrópolis||Fri 7:00 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSE|
|Campinas||Fri 7:00 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||SSW|
|Niterói||Fri 7:00 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 7:00 PM||514 km||319 miles||278 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Fri 7:00 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SSW|
|Vitória||Fri 7:00 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.