Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.13 meters/second, 1519.7 km/hour, 944.3 miles/hour or 820.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 58.8"||944.01 mi||West||0° 03' 44.1"||4.28 mi||North||944.19 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 19.7"||910.58 mi||East||2° 03' 13.3"||141.24 mi||North||926.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 7:02 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||NNW|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 7:02 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Sucre||Fri 7:02 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||W|
|Asuncion||Fri 7:02 PM||772 km||479 miles||417 nm||SSE|
|Salta||Fri 8:02 PM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Fri 7:02 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||WNW|
|Tucumán||Fri 8:02 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||SSW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 7:02 PM||1262 km||784 miles||682 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Fri 8:02 PM||1372 km||852 miles||741 nm||ENE|
|Córdoba||Fri 8:02 PM||1448 km||899 miles||782 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.