Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 13, 2013 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.15 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.3 miles/hour or 820.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 59.0"||944.07 mi||West||0° 03' 45.4"||4.31 mi||North||944.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 13.6"||910.52 mi||East||2° 03' 41.9"||141.78 mi||North||926.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Fri 7:12 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Fri 7:12 PM||260 km||162 miles||141 nm||W|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 7:12 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Fri 7:12 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||WNW|
|Salta||Fri 8:12 PM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||SSW|
|Asuncion||Fri 7:12 PM||894 km||556 miles||483 nm||SE|
|Tucumán||Fri 8:12 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||SSW|
|Riberalta||Fri 7:12 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 7:12 PM||1116 km||693 miles||602 nm||NNW|
|Córdoba||Fri 8:12 PM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.