Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 9:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.11 meters/second, 1526.8 kilometres/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.5"||948.47 mi||West||0° 05' 02.8"||5.78 mi||North||948.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 47.7"||906.39 mi||East||2° 32' 38.2"||174.94 mi||North||929.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gordonvale||Sat 7:40 PM||118 km||73 miles||64 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sat 7:40 PM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||NNW|
|Townsville||Sat 7:40 PM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||SSE|
|Charters Towers||Sat 7:40 PM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Sat 7:40 PM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sat 7:40 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 7:10 PM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Sat 8:40 PM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Sat 7:10 PM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Sat 6:40 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.