Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.24 meters/second, 1538.0 km/hour, 955.7 miles/hour or 830.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 35.5"||955.48 mi||West||0° 06' 33.8"||7.52 mi||North||955.78 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 02.8"||899.71 mi||East||3° 05' 54.1"||213.03 mi||North||931.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros||Sat 7:50 PM||28 km||18 miles||15 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte||Sat 7:50 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||S|
|Brasilia||Sat 7:50 PM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||WNW|
|Vitória||Sat 7:50 PM||524 km||325 miles||283 nm||SE|
|Goiânia||Sat 7:50 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||W|
|Niterói||Sat 7:50 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 7:50 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||S|
|Salvador||Sat 7:50 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NE|
|São Paulo||Sat 7:50 PM||814 km||506 miles||439 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Sat 7:50 PM||1351 km||840 miles||730 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.