Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 11:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 23:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.28 meters/second, 1538.2 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 35.7"||955.58 mi||West||0° 06' 34.9"||7.54 mi||North||955.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 52.9"||899.61 mi||East||3° 06' 17.8"||213.48 mi||North||931.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia||Sat 8:00 PM||226 km||141 miles||122 nm||WNW|
|Montes Claros||Sat 8:00 PM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||E|
|Goiânia||Sat 8:00 PM||345 km||215 miles||186 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte||Sat 8:00 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||SSE|
|Pirassununga||Sat 8:00 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSW|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 8:00 PM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 8:00 PM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Sat 8:00 PM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||S|
|Salvador||Sat 8:00 PM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||ENE|
|Asuncion||Sat 7:00 PM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.