Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.29 meters/second, 1538.2 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 35.8"||955.59 mi||West||0° 06' 35.1"||7.55 mi||North||955.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 51.1"||899.59 mi||East||3° 06' 22.5"||213.57 mi||North||931.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia||Sat 8:02 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NW|
|Goiânia||Sat 8:02 PM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte||Sat 8:02 PM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||SE|
|Pirassununga||Sat 8:02 PM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||S|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 8:02 PM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||W|
|São Paulo||Sat 8:02 PM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 8:02 PM||770 km||479 miles||416 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Sat 8:02 PM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||ENE|
|Asuncion||Sat 7:02 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SW|
|Recife||Sat 8:02 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.