Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 4:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.84 meters/second, 1543.8 km/hour, 959.3 miles/hour or 833.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 48.6"||959.09 mi||West||0° 07' 12.6"||8.26 mi||North||959.41 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 03.2"||896.24 mi||East||3° 19' 41.9"||228.83 mi||North||931.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 7:50 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:50 PM||994 km||617 miles||536 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 6:50 PM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 11:50 PM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:50 PM||3169 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:50 PM||3587 km||2229 miles||1937 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:50 PM||4223 km||2624 miles||2280 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:50 PM||4474 km||2780 miles||2416 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:50 PM||4769 km||2963 miles||2575 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:50 PM||5124 km||3184 miles||2767 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.