Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.77 meters/second, 1547.2 km/hour, 961.4 miles/hour or 835.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 56.5"||961.17 mi||West||0° 07' 33.1"||8.66 mi||North||961.50 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 36.3"||894.22 mi||East||3° 26' 57.8"||237.14 mi||North||931.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Labasa||Sun 8:10 PM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||WSW|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 8:10 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||NE|
|Levuka||Sun 8:10 PM||379 km||235 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Suva||Sun 8:10 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||SW|
|Lautoka||Sun 8:10 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||WSW|
|Nadi||Sun 8:10 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||WSW|
|Neiafu||Sun 9:10 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SE|
|Pangai||Sun 9:10 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:10 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||SSE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Sun 9:10 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.