Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.77 meters/second, 1547.2 km/hour, 961.4 miles/hour or 835.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 56.5"||961.17 mi||west||0° 07' 33.1"||8.66 mi||north||961.50 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 36.3"||894.22 mi||east||3° 26' 57.8"||237.14 mi||north||931.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Labasa||Sun 8:10 PM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||WSW|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 8:10 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||NE|
|Levuka||Sun 8:10 PM||379 km||235 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Suva||Sun 8:10 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||SW|
|Lautoka||Sun 8:10 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||WSW|
|Nadi||Sun 8:10 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||WSW|
|Neiafu||Sun 9:10 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SE|
|Pangai||Sun 9:10 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:10 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||SSE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Sun 9:10 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.