Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 9:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.20 meters/second, 1548.7 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.1"||962.12 mi||West||0° 07' 42.1"||8.83 mi||North||962.46 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 02.0"||893.30 mi||East||3° 30' 08.1"||240.77 mi||North||931.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 8:40 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||N|
|Luganville||Sun 8:40 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||E|
|Gizo||Sun 8:40 PM||890 km||553 miles||480 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Sun 8:40 PM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sun 8:40 PM||1007 km||625 miles||544 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Sun 7:40 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 7:40 PM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:40 PM||1551 km||964 miles||837 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 9:40 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Sun 9:40 PM||1977 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.