Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.24 meters/second, 1548.9 kilometres/hour, 962.4 miles/hour or 836.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.6"||962.23 mi||West||0° 07' 43.2"||8.85 mi||North||962.57 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 51.3"||893.20 mi||East||3° 30' 29.1"||241.17 mi||North||931.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 8:50 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sun 8:50 PM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||N|
|Luganville||Sun 8:50 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sun 8:50 PM||1164 km||723 miles||628 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sun 8:50 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Sun 7:50 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sun 7:50 PM||1319 km||820 miles||712 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Sun 7:50 PM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 9:50 PM||1940 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||NNE|
|Sydney||Sun 7:50 PM||2138 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.