Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 9:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 21:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.54 meters/second, 1560.7 km/hour, 969.8 miles/hour or 842.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.6"||969.62 mi||West||0° 08' 47.0"||10.06 mi||North||969.98 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 40.9"||885.93 mi||East||3° 52' 21.5"||266.20 mi||North||931.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 9:10 PM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||S|
|São Tomé||Sun 9:10 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||NE|
|Abidjan||Sun 9:10 PM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||N|
|Luanda||Sun 10:10 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||ENE|
|Accra||Sun 9:10 PM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sun 9:10 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||N|
|Monrovia||Sun 9:10 PM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||NNW|
|Libreville||Sun 10:10 PM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||NE|
|Lome||Sun 9:10 PM||2355 km||1463 miles||1272 nm||NNE|
|Porto Novo||Sun 10:10 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.