Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 10:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 22:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.83 meters/second, 1561.8 kilometres/hour, 970.5 miles/hour or 843.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 32.3"||970.28 mi||West||0° 08' 52.2"||10.16 mi||North||970.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 35.8"||885.28 mi||East||3° 54' 06.5"||268.20 mi||North||931.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Ascension Island)||Sun 10:10 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||NE|
|Jamestown||Sun 10:10 PM||1597 km||993 miles||863 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 7:10 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 7:10 PM||1960 km||1218 miles||1058 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 7:10 PM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sun 10:10 PM||2462 km||1530 miles||1329 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 10:10 PM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 7:10 PM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Sun 10:10 PM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Sun 10:10 PM||2781 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.