Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 16, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 16, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.94 meters/second, 1573.0 km/hour, 977.4 miles/hour or 849.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.1"||977.26 mi||West||0° 09' 43.4"||11.14 mi||North||977.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 05.0"||878.16 mi||East||4° 10' 55.3"||287.43 mi||North||929.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Mon 8:50 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 9:50 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||SE|
|Apia||Mon 9:50 PM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:50 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||NE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 9:50 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Mon 9:50 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 8:50 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||WNW|
|Labasa||Mon 8:50 PM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||SW|
|Pangai||Mon 9:50 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sun 9:50 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.