Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Monday, September 16, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 16, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.99 meters/second, 1573.2 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.7"||977.37 mi||West||0° 09' 44.1"||11.15 mi||North||977.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 54.3"||878.05 mi||East||4° 11' 09.3"||287.70 mi||North||929.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Mon 9:00 PM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||SSE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 10:00 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:00 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Apia||Mon 10:00 PM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||ESE|
|Atafu||Mon 10:00 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||NE|
|Labasa||Mon 9:00 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:00 PM||693 km||430 miles||374 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 10:00 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Mon 10:00 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||SSE|
|Suva||Mon 9:00 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.