Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, September 16, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 16, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.99 meters/second, 1573.2 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.7"||977.38 mi||west||0° 09' 44.1"||11.15 mi||north||977.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 53.1"||878.04 mi||east||4° 11' 10.9"||287.73 mi||north||929.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Mon 9:00 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:00 PM||560 km||348 miles||303 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 10:00 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||ESE|
|Apia||Mon 10:00 PM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:00 PM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 10:00 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Mon 10:00 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||SSE|
|Suva||Mon 9:00 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SW|
|Lautoka||Mon 9:00 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||SW|
|Nadi||Mon 9:00 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.