Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 16, 2013 at 9:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 16, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.37 meters/second, 1585.3 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 35.1"||984.96 mi||West||0° 10' 32.6"||12.08 mi||North||985.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 46' 07.5"||869.78 mi||East||4° 26' 09.1"||304.84 mi||North||926.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Mon 10:20 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||E|
|Cabinda||Mon 10:20 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||ENE|
|Pointe-Noire||Mon 10:20 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Mon 9:20 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||N|
|Libreville||Mon 10:20 PM||1260 km||783 miles||681 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Mon 9:20 PM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||WSW|
|Kinshasa||Mon 10:20 PM||1318 km||819 miles||711 nm||ENE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 10:20 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||ENE|
|Malabo||Mon 10:20 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NNE|
|Yaoundé||Mon 10:20 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.