Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 3:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.83 meters/second, 1590.6 kilometres/hour, 988.4 miles/hour or 858.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.5"||988.24 mi||West||0° 10' 51.5"||12.44 mi||North||988.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 25.0"||865.92 mi||East||4° 31' 34.5"||311.04 mi||North||924.31 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trujillo||Mon 10:10 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||NNE|
|Chiclayo||Mon 10:10 PM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||N|
|Callao||Mon 10:10 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||SE|
|Lima||Mon 10:10 PM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||SE|
|Loja||Mon 10:10 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||N|
|Cuenca||Mon 10:10 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||N|
|Guayaquil||Mon 10:10 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||N|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 10:10 PM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||ESE|
|Iquitos||Mon 10:10 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NE|
|Quito||Mon 10:10 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.