Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.99 meters/second, 1594.8 km/hour, 990.9 miles/hour or 861.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 03.4"||990.84 mi||West||0° 11' 05.6"||12.70 mi||North||991.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 44.8"||862.65 mi||East||4° 35' 22.3"||315.37 mi||North||922.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 10:10 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:10 PM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:10 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:10 PM||2133 km||1325 miles||1152 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 9:10 PM||2267 km||1408 miles||1224 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 9:10 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:10 PM||2881 km||1790 miles||1555 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:10 PM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 12:10 AM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:10 PM||3188 km||1981 miles||1721 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.