Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.99 meters/second, 1594.8 km/hour, 990.9 miles/hour or 861.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 03.4"||990.84 mi||west||0° 11' 05.6"||12.70 mi||north||991.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 44.8"||862.65 mi||east||4° 35' 22.3"||315.37 mi||north||922.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 10:10 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:10 PM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:10 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:10 PM||2137 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 9:10 PM||2267 km||1408 miles||1224 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 9:10 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:10 PM||2881 km||1790 miles||1555 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:10 PM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 12:10 AM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:10 PM||3186 km||1980 miles||1720 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.